Encoding and Encryption are somewhat similar concept but these are different in purpose.Encoding means transforming data to another format with schemes that are publicly available like base64 encoding scheme. Later on, anyone can decode to convert it back to original format.
Purpose of encoding might be compressing to save memory or confirming the transfer of data over a
channel etc.In case of Encryption, transformation of data to another format is done with the purpose of security, so that not everyone can read data except the ones having decryption key/password etc. Encryption id done using some specific key or password.
Top 10 Interview Questions and Answers Series:
- Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- Top 10 WCF Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of WCF Interview Questions
- Top 10 HTML5 Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions