UPDATE: This ASP.NET MVC tutorial initially targetting MVC3, MVC4 and MVC5 version. Now I have listed down features from next version of ASP.NET MVC6 (code name as ASP.NET vNext).
- If you wanted to get a practical example for building your first ASP.NET MVC 5 Application using Entity Framework, please follow here.
- We have just released a complete article series on Building an ASP.NET MVC Shopping Cart using MVC, C#, Entity Framework and SQL Server. Keep in touch to get the knowledge that how to create Online Shopping Store in ASP.NET MVC?, along with complete Source Code.
- The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5 Online Course : A review of a Best Seller ASP.NET MVC 5 by Mosh Hamedani (an Instructor with 5 star rating) that takes you from the beginning and helps you developing professional MVC Applications.
- New Project Templates having support for HTML 5 and CSS 3.
- Improved Model validation.
- Razor View Engine introduced with a bundle of new features.
- Having support for Multiple View Engines i.e. Web Forms view engine, Razor or open source. You can follow here for a detailed comparison on difference between WebForm View Engine and Razor View Engine.
- Controller improvements like ViewBag dynamic property and ActionResults Types etc. Dynamic property is a new feature introduced in C# 4.0. ViewBag being a dynamic property has an advantage over ViewData that it doesn’t require checking NULL values. For detailed difference between ViewBag and ViewData can be found here.
- Improved Dependency Injection with new IDependencyResolver.
- Partial page output caching.
What option you choose?
- A. ReadUncommitted
- B. Repeatable
- C. ReadCommitted
- D. Serializable
To further test your ASP.NET MVC skill, Take a Complete FREE Online Test or MCSD Practice Exam: 70-486 (Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications). Simply Click Here.
Correct Answer: C
- ASP.NET Web API, a framework that simplifies the creation of HTTP services and serving a wide range of clients. Follow to create your first ASP.NET Web API service.
- Adaptive rendering and other look-n-feel improvements to Default Project Templates.
- A truly Empty Project Template.
- Based on jQuery Mobile, new Mobile Project Template introduced.
- Support for adding controller to other project folders also.
- Task Support for Asynchronous Controllers.
- Controlling Bundling and Minification through web.config.
- Support for OAuth and OpenID logins using DotNetOpenAuth library.
- Support for Windows Azure SDK 1.6 and new releases.
- ASP.NET Identity for authentication and identity management. Thesedays, modern applications are developed for broader range of clients such as web, mobile in mind. Also, users are actively using their social identities from various social channels like facebook, youtube, twitter etc. ASP.NET Identity is a new Membership system to handle authentication and authorization for variety of clients as well as using user’s existing social identities.
- Authentication Filters for authenticating user by custom or third-party authentication provider.
- With the help of Filter overrides, we can now override filters on a method or controller.
- Bootstrap replaced the default MVC template.
- Attribute Routing is now integrated into MVC5. Basically, MVC Routing is an excellent way to create human friendly and Search Engine Optimized URLs. You can easily get understanding about Routing in ASP.NET MVC here. Attribute based routing enables us to define routes along with action methods as follows:
public ActionResult GetStudentById(string id)
// code logic here.
- Single Programming Model for ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API.
- Optimized for Cloud Computing.
- Supporting side by side deployment of runtime and framework along with application.
- Out of the box support for dependency injection.
- vNext is Open Source and supports running on multiple platforms including Linux and Mac.
- New JSON-based project Extension.
- In order to dynamically compile code, Roslyn compiler is used.
For details on new features in ASP.NET vNext, follow here.
- Learn ASP NET MVC 5 step by step [Maruti Makwana, Corporate Trainer]
28 Lectures, 2.5 Hours Video, Intermediate Level
Very easy to learn video series on Asp.Net MVC 5 Specially for those who are familiar with Asp.Net Web forms.
- AngularJS for ASP.NET MVC Developers [Brett Romero]
10 Lectures, 1 hour video, Intermediate Level
The Fastest Way For .NET Developers To Add AngularJS To Their Resume
- ASP.NET with Entity Framework from Scratch
[Manzoor Ahmad, MCPD | MCT] 77 Lectures, 10 hour video, All Level
Latest approach of web application development
- Comprehensive ASP.NET MVC [3D BUZZ]
34 lectures, 14 Hours Video, All Levels
From zero knowledge of ASP.NET to deploying a complete project to production.
More You Must Read about ASP.NET MVC & Related
- ASP.NET MVC3 Vs MVC4 Vs MVC5 Vs MVC6
- 4 Simple Steps to Create your First ASP.NET MVC5 Application
- Understanding ASP.NET MVC Application Life Cycle
- How Routing works in ASP.NET MVC?
- All you need to Know about Controllers and Action Methods in ASP.NET MVC
- Practical Example to learn Scaffolding in ASP.NET MVC
- How to use AJAX in ASP.NET MVC Application?
- Insight of ASP.NET MVC Authorize attribute
- Building ASP.NET MVC5 Application with Entity Framework 6
- Understanding Model-First Approach in ASP.NET MVC with Entity Framework
- ASP.NET View Engine Vs Razor View Engine
- ViewBag Vs ViewData Vs TempData Vs Session
- How to use Model to Pass data to View in ASP.NET MVC?
- Understanding Partial View in ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET MVC Helpers – A MUST KNOW
- 2 simple ways to create Custom HTML Helpers in ASP.NET MVC
- All you need to know to pass Exam: 70-486 (Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications)
- Free Practical Guide to ASP.NET Web API
- Difference between WCF and ASMX web service
- WCF Hosting (Console | Windows Service)
Top 10 Interview Questions and Answers Series:
- Top 10 HTML5 Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- Top 10 WCF Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of WCF Interview Questions
- a Must Have SharePoint Interview Questions
- Top 15 Bootstrap Interview Questions – A MUST HAVE