- Part 1 – Interview Questions on State Management and ASP.NET Controls.
- Part 2 – ASP.NET Interview Questions on Globalization and Localization, Culture etc.
- Part 3 – Interview Questions on Cache Management & Security in ASP.NET.
- Part 4 – ASP.NET Interview Questions on Security in Detail.
- Part 5 – Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- Part 6 – Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions
For a comprehensive list of ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions, follow here.
ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions List
- Define AJAX?
- Please elaborate XMLHttpRequest Object further?
- How to send a request to server using XMLHttpRequest Object?
- What is ASP.NET AJAX?
- Difference between Synchronous and Asynchronous Postback?
- What are the basic controls in ASP.NET AJAX?
- What is a ScriptManager in ASP.NET AJAX?
- ScriptManager Vs ScriptManagerProxy?
- What is the role of UpdatePanel in ASP.NET AJAX?
- What are the limitations of AJAX?
As we discussed in above interview question that AJAX is a combination of various techniques, so Microsoft simplified the usage of these techniques with its own implementation. ASP.NET AJAX is a set of extensions to ASP.NET and comes with reusable AJAX controls. Using ASP.NET AJAX, we can develop applications that can update partial page instead of a complete page refresh.
Following controls can be considered as core AJAX controls in ASP.NET.
Later more controls are added to ASP.NET AJAX library e.g. Script Loader, Client Data Context, Client Data Access, jQuery Integration etc. For complete reference, look for AJAX Control Toolkit.
In order to use AJAX functionality on a web page, we add a ScriptManager control to the page in most of the scenarios, because ScriptManager control register AJAX library scripts to that particular web page. We can have only one ScriptManager per page.
ScriptManager basically manages all ASP.NET AJAX resources of a web page, creates proxies for asynchronous web service call and also manages partial page updates… etc.
Consider a scenario that we have ScriptManager in our MasterPage that is available for all content pages. Now, we wanted to register a web service in a particular page. So, we will not add another ScriptManager to that page instead we will add ScriptManagerProxy to it in order to avoid error.
Back to top
Text=”Test Button” />
- In some scenarios, it exposes vulnerability.
- It will always be difficult to bookmark application state.
- Application behavior may be slow in some scenarios, because of different loading time of controls on a single page.
Hopefully, this ASP.NET Tutorial will clear more concepts about AJAX technology usage in ASP.NET.
Other Related Articles:
- MVC 3 Vs MVC 4 Vs MVC 5
- ASP.NET MVC Web API Service step by step
- Solution to browser back button event
- WebForms Vs ASP.NET MVC
- What’s new in WCF 4.5
- WCF Tutorial by Example
- Creating your first WCF REST Service
- Practical Guide to ASP.NET Web API
Top Web Developer Interview Questions Series:
- Top 10 HTML5 Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- Top 10 WCF Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of WCF Interview Questions