ASP.NET Core and Angular 2(4+) is an ideal combination for building real world modular and cloud-optimized applications. As we know that ASP.NET Core is a complete re-write version from Microsoft for building cross-platform applications.
Salary ranges for .NET developer in USA as reported by indeed.com given below but with experience in latest framework version i.e. .NET Core plus exposure to Angular 2 will definitely add more to it.
ASP.NET Core 1.0 or ASP.NET 5 – MVC6 is a re-write version of ASP.NET 4.6 with following key features:
- ASP.NET Core is Open-Source.
- It’s a framework that is Cross-platform, means can run on Linux or MacOS. Before that .NET Framework (as a whole) can only be used in Windows platform. This is considered as a huge enhancement.
- Ideal for building Web applications, Iot apps and mobile backends.
- Cloud ready configuration.
- ASP.NET Core 1.0 is smaller in size as compared to ASP.NET 4.6 framework as it runs on stripped down version of .NET Framework i.e. .NET Core 1.0.
Angularjs 2 has most of the architectural component from previous version Angular 1.x such as Module, Directive, Service, Dependency Injection, Change Detection and Modularity. However, in Angular 2.0 existing all architectural building blocks from Angularjs 1.x are available in more better as well as improved format. The reason, some may argue that it is a completely new framework as it has shifted the coding to Type script. However, from architectural point of view Angularjs 2 is not a new web framework, rather, its just a better framework.
Quick and Easy Way to Learn and Build Real World Application using ASP.NET Core and Angular 2(4+)
In order to learn ASP.NET Core with Angular 2 by building a real world application is to join Mosh Hamedani (a 5 star rated author and trainer) at udemy.com.
ASP.NET Core because of its flexibility is preferred by several companies for application building. It is a recommended framework for both current and new professionals. Familiarity with .NET Core is not only helpful in securing job opportunities but also for progress in one’s current endeavor.
- Build real-world applications with ASP.NET Core and Angular 2
- Integrate ASP.NET MVC / Core with Angular 2
- Implement a clean and decoupled architecture
- Understand and apply the Dependency Inversion Principle (DIP)
- Properly implement the repository and unit of work patterns
- Use the new dependency injection feature in ASP.NET Core
- Troubleshoot common runtime errors
- Build APIs with ASP.NET Core
- Test APIs using PostMan
- Use AutoMapper
- Store and retrieve data using Entity Framework Core (Code-first approach)
- Implement CRUD operations (including one-to-many and many-to-many relationships)
- Implement filtering, sorting and pagination
- Handle and log errors
- Display toast notifications
- Implement photo upload with progress bar
- Add authentication and authorization using Auth0 and JWTs
- Write clean, maintainable and reliable code
- Refactor bad code into good code
- Better understand software development life-cycle
This course is overlooked by Mosh who has fifteen years of professional experience in software design. He is the author of several courses on Udemy website and has designed this course for real world application. He covers topics on building a real-world application using .NET Core, AngularJs and Entity Framework. The theory of the course includes the changes in the framework and the new tools of ASP.NET Core. Mosh focuses on teaching the core skills needed to build real world apps using ASP.NET Core and Angular 2+.
[UPDATE]: Added a new section to the course: Implementing Authentication and Authorization.
With over 4,000 students and 600+ positive reviews, this course is Udemy’s most popular course for learning ASP.NET Core in the context of a real project!
The course offered by Udemy to Learn ASP.NET Core and Angular 2+ focuses on building real world application instead of just theory. ASP.NET Core is an advanced version of ASP.NET which is a remodeled framework of the old version with modular, cross-platform and cloud-based support. The new ASP.NET applications run on all platforms without any support of virtual machine tools. This allows the users of Windows, Mac or Linux much more freedom and ease in building the applications.
Before going into details, let’s highlight few key points about this Course:
- Best Seller Udemy Online Course
- 4,527++ students enrolled
- 665 Review available
- 10 Hours on-demand videos
- 14 Articles
- 18 Supplemental Resource
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
- You can get the course at Discounted Price here.
The course is designed for people who have had prior experience with.NET MVC 5 and are willing to learn the new version ASP.NET Core. It is meant to promote the level of coding and help learn ASP.NET Core and Angular 2+.
The prerequisites of the course are listed below:
- Developers who have knowledge of ASP.NET MVC 5 looking to learn ASP.NET Core.
- Professionals willing to learn to integrate ASP.NET MVC/Core with Angular 2.
- Developers wanting to design an application from scratch.
- Professionals looking forward to learning and improving their coding skills.
The course covers the core topics and provides the necessary theory for understanding ASP.NET Core. The course provides hands-on experience by helping one build the application. It features an app design for a vehicle dealer which helps one learn the essential skills and build real world apps. In the term of the course one also learn integration of ASP.NET Core & Angular 2+ to make real world single-page applications (SPA’s). This course uses VSCode (Visual Studio Code) which is a lightweight cross-platform code editor and the command line to build the app.
The course also teaches one to NOT JUST build apps but also write quality code. Under the guidance of Mosh one learns how to write efficient code and also how to refactor the unnecessary code into clean and manageable code. The course helps you learn the skills essential to building nearly any real world project and think not just in technological terms but also as a software professional.
To take a professional approach this course covers following topics-
- Building API’s using .NET Core.
- Testing API’s with PostMan.
- Integrating ASP.NET Core & Angular 2+.
- Understanding and applying the Dependency Inversion Principle (DIP).
- Properly implementing decoupled architecture with the repository.
- Using the newly introduced dependency injection feature in ASP.NET Core.
- Storing and entering data with the help of Entity Framework Core.
- Implementing CRDU operations.
- How to implement sorting and paging of the data.
- Troubleshooting common runtime errors.
- Handling and logging errors.
- Implementing cascade dropdown lists, photo upload, and progress bars.
- Adding authentication and authorization of several roles with varying privileges.
- Displaying Charts, Dialog boxes, and Toast notifications.
- Preventing CSRF attacks.
- Implementing paging of the data.