Microsoft ASP.NET MVC is an amazing framework that facilitates us building web applications based on MVC (Model-View-Controller) design pattern. This ASP.NET MVC Tutorial acts as a reference to all helpful details about MVC Framework.
Complete ASP.NET MVC Tutorial Reference:
We have just released a complete article series on Building an ASP.NET MVC Shopping Cart using MVC, C#, Entity Framework and SQL Server. Keep in touch to get the knowledge that how to create Online Shopping Store in ASP.NET MVC?, along with complete Source Code.
- ASP.NET FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) | ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
List of MVC Frequently Asked Questions or MVC Interview Questions covering core ASP.NET MVC features to more advanced features with detailed answer to each concept. That includes request flow in ASP.NET MVC Framework, Routing, ViewData, ViewBag, TempData, Action Methods and Filters, ViewEngine (ASPX and Razor), ViewModel, HTML Helpers, support of Bootstrap in MVC5, Attribute Routing, Scaffolding, ASP.NET Identity and much more.
- 4 Simple Steps to Create your First ASP.NET MVC Application
If you are new to ASP.NET MVC and want to create you first Application in ASP.NET MVC, just follow the 4 steps and your application is ready. At the end you will feel comfortable about major concepts related to ASP.NET MVC.
- Understanding Application Life Cycle in ASP.NET MVC
In-depth details to understand the application life cycle in ASP.NET MVC including File Structure, Role of Gloabal.asax, Routing Modules, Controller Factory, Action Invoker & Action Results and View Renderer.
- ASP.NET MVC Vs ASP.NET WebForms
Understanding the difference between legacy ASP.NET WebForms approach and ASP.NET MVC framework approach and key advantages of using MVC.
- ASP.NET MVC3 Vs ASP.NET MVC4 Vs ASP.NET MVC5 Vs ASP.NET MVC6
Evolution of ASP.NET MVC Framework. Understanding and comparing the features introduced in various versions of ASP.NET MVC.
- Understanding Routing in ASP.NET MVC
Details to understand on how routing plays an important role in ASP.NET MVC Application execution flow.
- All about Controllers and Action Methods in ASP.NET MVC
Everything you need to know about Controllers in ASP.NET MVC including Action Methods, Action Results and Helpers Methods.
- Building your first MVC application with Entity Framework – Part 1
Developing an ASP.NET MVC application with database-first approach using Entity Framework as an ORM(Object Relational Mapper) and SQL Server as database.
- Building your first MVC application with Entity Framework – Part 2
Part 2 of above web development tutorial with practical implementation of Category and Product Entities.
- Understanding Model First Approach in MVC5 with EF6
Developing an ASP.NET MVC5 application using Model First Approach with Entity Framework 6.
- Passing data from Controller to View in ASP.NET MVC
Understanding the difference between ViewBag and ViewData with the help of practical scenarios.
- Using TempData in ASP.NET MVC
How to use TempData in ASP.NET MVC Application? and practically understand how it’s different from Session | TempData Vs Session.
- Scaffolding in ASP.NET MVC Simplified
Understanding how Scaffolding Engine for ASP.NET MVC Models give relief web developers from the tedious task of writing CRUD Operations.
- AJAX with ASP.NET MVC Simplified
Takes a practical approach of using AJAX in ASP.NET MVC Application. Explaining the usage of AJAX helpers in MVC or using hyperlinks that requests data asynchronously.
- Using Model to pass data to View in ASP.NET MVC
Another way of passing data from Controller to View using Model apart from ViewBag, ViewData and TempData.
- Step by Step Using Bootstrap3 with ASP.NET MVC5
This Web Development Tutorial takes a step by step approach to use Bootstrap3 in an ASP.NET MVC5 Application.
- ASPX View Engine Vs Razor View Engine in ASP.NET MVC
Understanding in detail the difference betweeen ASPX ViewEngine and Razor ViewEngine in ASP.NET MVC.
- Insight of ASP.NET MVC’s Authorize attribute
Security is key to any web application and when it comes to ASP.NET MVC, Authorize attribute plays an important role for implementing Role-based security.
- Custom Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET MVC
Implementing custom authentication and authorization using custom membership provider in ASP.NET MVC application.
- Customize Profile Info in ASP.NET Identity
Microsoft introduces ASP.NET Identity as a system to manage access in ASP.NET application on premises and also in the cloud.
- Understanding Partial View in ASP.NET MVC
What are partial views in ASP.NET MVC, how to use them and what are the advantages of using Partial Views in your ASP.NET MVC Application.
- ASP.NET MVC HTML Helpers – A MUST KNOW
What are HTML Helpers? What Standard Helpers Renders? What are MVC URL Helpers? What are MVC HTML Form Elements?
- 2 simple ways to create Custom Html Helper in ASP.NET MVC
Understanding various ways of creating Custom HTML Helpers i.e. Creating Extensions Methods on HTML Helper class and Creating static methods.
- Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Application – Exam: 70-486
A Complete reference for Microsoft Certification Exam: 70-486 i.e. Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications.