It’s Part-2 in series of ASP.NET Interview Questions with detailed answers and necessary code examples. Other parts of this series can be found as:
- ASP.NET Interview Questions – Part 1 (Controls, State Management etc.)
- ASP.NET Interview Questions – Part 2 (Controls, Globalization & Localization etc.)
- ASP.NET Interview Questions – Part 3 (Caching & Security etc.)
- ASP.NET Interview Questions – Part 4 (Security)
- ASP.NET Interview Questions – Part 5 (ASP.NET AJAX)
- ASP.NET Interview Questions – Part 6 (ASP.NET Web API)
HTML Server Controls Vs Web Server Controls, Please define?
HTML Server Controls are server-side mapped form of HTML elements. In order to make HTML elements programmable on server-side, ASP.NET framework added runat=”server” attribute, so it’s accessible in ASP.NET code-behind. A typical HTML Server Control is as follows:
On the other hand, Web Server Controls are more feature-rich as compared to HTML server controls and truly designed to provide Win Apps development experience for ASP.NET Web developers. Also, it provides comparatively high level of abstraction. Apart from mapping to existing HTML elements, web server controls provide more rich and complex functionality like Calendar, Grid, Repeater, menu, tree view etc.
So, which one you prefer to use while developing an ASP.NET Web Application?
What is the role of ValidationSummary Control?
DisplayMode property of this control can be used to display in different formats as follows:
We have already provided few questions about Validation Controls in ASP.NET in previous article.
Globalization Vs Localization
How to access information about a user’s locale in ASP.NET?
Difference between Culture and UICulture properties in ASP.NET?
CultureInfo class plays an important role for localizing our application pages. Culture is specific in localizing non-visual parts of the page like DateTime, Currency, number formatting etc. while on the other hand, UICulture is specific in localizing visual part of a webpage like Language being used to display the contents of the web page.
Difference between Local and Global resources?
What is a Neutral Culture? and how its different from a Specific Culture?
A neutral culture is one that is associated only with part-1 i.e. language and not with part-2 i.e. country/region. For example, ar is the neutral name for Arabic culture while ar-SA is specific to Saudi Arabian Arabic culture.
Difference between Response.Write() and Response.Output.Write()?
However, in case of Response.Output.Writer(), HttpResponse actually get reference to TextWriter through
Top 10 Interview Questions and Answers Series:
- Top 10 HTML5 Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of ASP.NET Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET Web API Interview Questions
- Top 10 ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- Top 10 WCF Interview Questions
- Comprehensive Series of WCF Interview Questions